Bio Spot Flea and Tick Control Pet Medication
- Availability: OTC
- Active Ingredient(s):
Permethrin (45%), Pyripoxyfen (5%), Inert ingredients (50%)
- What is Bio Spot Flea and Tick Control used for?
Bio Spot Flea and Tick Control for Dogs is used to kill and repel fleas and ticks (depending on type) for up to 3 or 4 weeks.
- How Bio Spot Flea and Tick Control should be used?
Read the entire label before using. For dogs between 15 and 33 pounds apply this product as a spot or stripe to the dogs back between the shoulder blades. Squeeze tube firmly to apply all of the solution directly to the dog’s skin.
- What are the side effects?
This product can be harmful to humans if swallowed or absorbed through the skin. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Reactions to this product in dogs may include skin sensitivity. Dogs may also show drowsiness, itching or redness, rash, hair discoloration or hair loss at application site. If sensitivity occurs, bathe dog with a mild, non-insecticide shampoo and contact veterinarian.
- What special precautions are there?
This product is for external use only on adult dogs over 6 months of age only. Do not use on Cats or animals other than dogs. This product is not waterproof and will wash off with bathing or swimming. Consult a veterinarian before using on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Do not get this product in the pet’s eyes or mouth. Do not use this product in or on electrical equipment due to the possibility of shock hazard.
- In the event of overdose?
Contact your veterinarian or veterinary emergency room. If swallowed by a human, call a physician or poison control center. Drink 1 or 2 glasses of water and induce vomiting unless patient is unconscious. If in the eyes, flush the eyes with plenty of water. If on the skin remove contaminated clothing and wash with plenty of soap and water. Call a physician if irritation persists.
- How should I store Bio Spot Flea and Tick Control?
Store this product in a cool, dry place. To dispose, wrap container in several layers of newspaper and discard in the trash. This product is extremely toxic to fish. Do not add directly to water. Do not contaminate water when disposing of this product.Keep this product out of the reach of children and pets.
Disclaimer: The information on this site is for educational purposes only and should NOT be considered veterinary advice. Any veterinary questions should be referred to your veterinarian. This information is NOT to be used for diagnosis or treatment of your pet. Please make your own inquiries with your veterinarian for the suitability of a product for your pet.